The Museum of the History of the Romanian Jews was founded in 1978, at the initiative of Moses Rosen (back then, chief rabbi of the Jewish community in Romania), in a building declared a historical monument in 2004. We speak of the former Temple of the Holy Union, built in 1836 as a place of worship for the local tailors’ craft union. The edifice was restored and underwent substantial architectural modifications in 1910, but it finally lost its original function in 1968. Since 1978, it has been sheltering the Romanian Jewish History Museum. We welcome visitors ofering them the opportunity to learn about the history of the Jewish communities in Romania, about its origins, growth, contribution and influence to the Romanian culture, economy and political life. The Museum is currently under repair and can temporarily visited within the Holocaust Museum, at the Great Synagogue, Vasile Adamache street no 11.
Muzeul de Istorie al Evreilor din Romania fondat in 1978 din initiativa Sef Rabinului Moses Rosen in templul "Unirea Sfanta". Aceasta sinagoga a fost ridicata de breasla croitorilor in 1836, cu o substantiala restaurare la inceputul secolului XX, in 1910, ca din 1978 sa functioneze aici muzeul. Intampinam cu placere orice vizitator dornic sa afle detalii despre istoria evreilor si a comunitatilor evreiesti din Romania, de la origini si pana astazi. Muzeul este mutat temporar in cadrul Muzeului Holocaustului din Sinagoga Mare, str Vasile Adamache nr 11.