The Museum of the History of the Romanian Jews was founded in 1978, at the initiative of Moses Rosen (back then, chief rabbi of the Jewish community in Romania), in a building declared a historical monument in 2004. We speak of the former Temple of the Holy Union, built in 1836 as a place of worship for the local tailors’ craft union. The edifice was restored and underwent substantial architectural modifications in 1910, but it finally lost its original function in 1968. Since 1978, it has been sheltering the Museum of the History of the Romanian Jews. By studying the displayed exhibits, visitors have the opportunity to learn about the history of the Jewish community in Romania, about its origins, growth and contribution and influence on the Romanian culture, economy and political life. There’s a lot to see at the Museum of the History of the Romanian Jews, including valuable paintings, plenty of items with documentary value (of which a book by Benjamim de Tudela, which consists of a survey on the settling of the Jewish community on the historical territory of Romania, is one of the most prized items), religious objects, prints and publications which document the Zionist and the anti-Semitic movements, as well as a thematic collection dedicated to the Holocaust.